Sunday, June 19, 2011
Thing #5
To me, Web 2.0 is whatever we make it. It is a place where we can collaborate with other people in our profession, share ideas with friends or strangers, or simply browse. After reading some of the perspectives in d2l, I can see how using Web 2.0 can be helpful for us as teachers. Since we are entering the era of School 2.0, we need to have a good sense of computer based techniques to use in the classroom. I think that soon, many schools will doing everything on computers and the Internet. My mom, a middle school teacher, and I were talking about technology and using the Internet for education and she told me that she trys to use the Internet as little as possible. I wasn't really shocked when she said that, because she isn't a computer or Internet person; however, it got me thinking. She may be able to get by without having to use a lot of technology, but I know our generation of teachers may not last one year without technology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with you, web 2.0 can be a great place for professionals to collaborate. I went a completely different direction with my post for thing #5 focusing on just the social aspect of web 2.0, but after reading your post, I can now focus more on the positive and professional side of web 2.0!
Post a Comment