Friday, June 17, 2011

Thing #4

Since the Internet was created mainly for the purpose of exchanging information, it only makes sense that blogging your thoughts or ideas would enhance interaction. When you blog or post something, you are essentially inviting people to comment on those thoughts whether you want them too or not. You also create a community when blogging or commenting, because 9 times out of 10 if you take time to read a blog and post on it you will come back to that persons page the next time. It begins a domino effect.

Some things I have found in the reading that seem to be important to me (keep in mind that I'm not a experienced commenter) are "share some about yourself when commenting" and "don't be afraid of commenting". I think that because I am new to the blogging and commenting scene these two topics seem important. Throughout this whole experience of commenting, I have been afraid of leaving a comment. I don't know what to say. Even though it is my opinion, I still don't want to say anything that might offend people. The reason I think that sharing some about yourself is important is because then the person reading your blog can connect with you without even really knowing you.

I first began reading and commenting on blogs from the people in my class, because we are all writing about the same thing and it would give me some practice before commenting on others. From the class I commented on Momma Desirae's (Thing #2), Lets see what we can learn Gilbert's (Thing #2), Jessica's Many Splendored Things (Thing #3), Jennifer's 23 Things for Summer (Thing #3), and Summer Brown's 23 Things (Thing #7). After I practiced with these, I began to venture out and find other blogs out of the classroom to comment on. The two that I found were Alice's Bucket List (It's manic) and Molly's Musings (Dear God). I chose these two blogs because they both touched my heart when I read them.

The comments I decided to make on the first 5 classmate's blog was just to say that I agreed with what they were saying or thinking about doing once we all become teachers. The other two comments that I made was the first thing I thought about after reading the blogs.

No comments: