Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thing #6

I'm sure everyone has heard about YouTube at some point in life. When I first learned of YouTube I only thought to use it when I wanted to watch funny videos, but though the years I now know that it is far beyond just funny videos. Many people put "How to" videos on there from learning photograph to how to beat a video game level. I like this site, because you can find a video on just about anything. I could see this site being useful in an educational setting. Say a student is having trouble with a certain math problem, that student can go on YouTube and find a video of a similar problem that may take him/her step-by-step through it. It can give a student enough instruction that he/she may be able to figure out the original problem. A neat feature on this site is that it gives other related videos at the end of the one you may click on that may also be helpful. It also gives an area below the video for comments; this way, you can see whether this video has helped people before you.

No comments: